BNS Summer Job Opportunity
Position: Communications Coordinator
Baseball Nova Scotia is a not-for-profit organisation that provides Nova Scotians with the opportunity to experience the great game of baseball. BNS strives to provide its athletes, coaches, and umpires with a balance of developmental, recreational, and high performance programing.
We are currently looking for a motivated individual to join our office staff for the summer of 2018. The Communications Coordinator will be an enthusiastic, personable individual that will be responsible for promoting our game throughout the province.
- Developing and maintaining all BNS social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Maintenance of BNS website (including news updates, special interest stories, etc.)
- Communicate with members regarding special events, news stories, and any other special interest stories
- Distributing biweekly BNS Newsletter to membership
- Promotion of all BNS programs, and special events. May include on site participation.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director on marketing projects and initiatives
- Assist office staff in day to day operations of BNS
- Enthusiastic and outgoing individual
- Ability to work on a team, as well as an individual
- Comfortable in a high paced environment that requires multitasking
- Strong work ethic
- Communication and organisational skills are essential
- Experienced in using various social media websites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Microsoft office skills (Word, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Pre-existing knowledge of baseball would be seen as a major asset
- Must be returning to full time studies following work term (high school, or post-secondary)
Dates: May 7th-August 31st
Salary: $12/hr for 35 hrs/week
Location: Halifax, NS
Deadline: April 29th, 5:00 pm (resume to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org)