BNS and COVID 19 Update April 1st

Published Wednesday, April 1, 2020

The Baseball Nova Scotia Board of Directors held a conference call on March 30th to determine next steps for the organization in addressing the ever changing reality of the world.


In line with the decision by the Provincial Government to further delay the reopening of schools, Baseball Nova Scotia is extending it’s cancellation of all in-person activities until May 4th, 2020.


While Baseball Nova Scotia remains optimistic baseball will be played in 2020, this further delay will undoubtedly create additional challenges to associations and programs. Please see below for an update of key dates in the Baseball Nova Scotia Calendar of Events (if an event or deadline is not included below, it remains the same at this time) :

  • May 29th (Bluenose Registration Deadline)
  • June 10th (Bluenose Schedules Released)***
  • June 15th (Bluenose League Play Begins)
  • July 7th (Provincial Registration Deadline)
  • July 8th (Classification Meeting)
  • July 31st- August 2nd (Classification Tournament and Provincial Qualification Tournament)

***For 2020, the entire summer schedule for Bluenose League will be released on June 10th. If the schedule goes as planned, our timelines are going to be very tight. All teams that register AAA, AA, and A, will play in those leagues all year (with opportunity for cross over games if teams declare as being strong at their division when registering). Unfortunately, we won’t be able to move teams up or down in the league at any point.

As we are accustomed to lately, this is tentative, and assuming we can resume operations on May 4th.

The BNS Board of Directors will re-evaluate in two weeks and provided another communication to membership by April 17th.


Thank you and stay safe,

 Brandon Guenette

Executive Director, Baseball Nova Scotia

(902) 425-5454 ext. 355

Twitter: @baseball_ns


Newsletter Signup

Fill out the fields below to sign up to our newsletter.

First Name
Last Name
Email Address